[Nfb-seniors] Fwd: email2phone Service for the Blind and Visually Impaired

David B Andrews David.B.Andrews at state.mn.us
Thu Mar 19 21:02:34 UTC 2009

I have been asked to circulate the below announcement,
David Andrews

My name is Ron Schroeder, I am the Marketing Director for
email2phone.net an Internet and technology company that offers a
versatile service that converts ordinary text emails to voice
messages and delivers them over the phone. We are soliciting your
comments because we believe that email2phone.net may constitute a
powerful new and innovative tool for the blind and visually
impaired.  We are also attempting to establish a dialog with
organizations such as yours to gain feedback and possibly incorporate
any special requirements that you may suggest into future upgrades of
the email2phone system and web site.

email2phone.net Service for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Through the use of assistive technologies, email2phone.net provides
the blind and visually impaired a means to utilize and participate in
the email connection without visual devices.   Using computer
software and modern speech technology, email2phone.net converts
ordinary text emails into phone voice messages and delivers them to
any phone, anywhere and also provides the user with the capability to
dial-in and listen to their email voice messages.  This simple
concept can help overcome the unique set of challenges faced by the
blind and visually impaired and place them 'in the loop' of
communications with family and friends.  To many it can also mean a
more active role in their job or organization.  Easy to set up, easy
to use, and virtually maintenance free, email2phone.net users do not
need to own a computer.

How does email2phone.net work?
A user account is created with email2phone.net and an email address
similar to yourname at email2phone.net is assigned.   Emails may be sent
directly to this address.
Users may also set the preference in their regular email service
(AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) to forward emails to
yourname at email2phone.net.  Emails that are received by
email2phone.net are then converted into a high-quality voice messages
and delivered to the specified phone number.   The receiver of the
email2phone.net voice message has the option to reply to the sender.
The user may also choose to dial in to their email2phone.net account
and select the messages they want to listen to as high-quality voice
messages.   An optional feature of email2phone.net, used instead of
forwarding emails from email service accounts, provides the user with
direct dial in access to unopened emails in their email service
accounts (visit the email2phone.net web site at
<http://www.email2phone.net/>www.email2phone.net for a complete
description of email2phone.net features).

How can prospective users try email2phone.net service and how much
does it cost?
Prospective users can sign-up for a Free 30-Day Trial by visiting our
web site at <http://www.email2phone.net/>www.email2phone.net.  Users
may sign up for a regular paid account by visiting our web site or by
calling email2phone customer service.  email2phone.net package prices
begin at $10/Mo.

Your comments and feedback
Much of our ability to deliver a useful, cost effective and reliable
product to the blind and visually impaired depends upon the feedback
we receive from our current blind and visually impaired users and
organizations such as yours.
We would appreciate your comments and feedback regarding
email2phone.net and if your organization has a formal process before
recommending new technologies or if our company requires
certification and what those processes might entail.

Contact information
email2phone Website: <http://www.email2phone.net/>www.email2phone.net
Email Address: <mailto:sales at corp.email2phone.net>sales at corp.email2phone.net
Customer Support: 888-364-5101
FAX: 888-794-3554
Mailing Address:       AcrossCommunications Inc.
                                     1001 Twelve Oaks Center Drive, Suite 1022
                                     Wayzata, MN 55391

Ron Schroeder
Marketing Director
email2phone.net