[Nfb-seniors] Hello

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Sun Jan 31 15:57:27 UTC 2010

this is Dar,
I joined the list the other day, and didn't get a message out to you.
One of the things I enjoy doing is knitting.
I wish to get some knitting books in Braille.
I find patterns on the web, where most of them read so differently than
I am used to.
So it is harder to brake down for me to get what is happening.
Now if you know a site I can go to where patterns are easy to
understand, let me know, I would get them from the site.
I have gone to ask.com then other places as well.
I get my yarn from Wall mart, that works out for me.
I love the larger skains.
Just finished an afghan for our chapter is holding the state convention
in September here in Montana.
We are in Billings.
this is just out of Wyoming.
We are on the Southern side of Montana.
In a valley.
Now mother nature has blanketed our streets with snow and more snow.
I think she thought this was the only place that needed snow.
Now I wish for it to be gone waiting for spring.
One of the things we enjoy doing is sitting outside in the evenings.
I love to knit while listening to ball games baseball that is.
As well as XM and much more.
Enjoy listening to what the neighbors are doing as well.
I am a guide user, got my dog from GDF.
We are a team of four years this year in april.
The time sure flies by.
We have a small church four blocks away or so, where it is harder to
walk in the winter months for me,
so spring is wonderful.
Just wanted to say hi, and let you know I will do my best to send a
message to the group.
Thanks for letting me in.
I don't know the age you are asking for a Senior, where I am in my fifties.
Over fifty five.
If AArP says I am a senior giggle, guess I will let that happen.
Thanks again.

--
--Dar
skype