[Nfb-seniors] seniors at convention

Judy Sanders jsanders.nfb at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 02:05:55 UTC 2011

We missed those of you who were not with us in Orlando at the convention of the National Federation of the Blind. Our Senior Division sponsored a seminar where we explored methods of supporting seniors in our local communities and we encouraged those who were interested in learning alternatives to sight. Participants were offered a lesson in using a long white cane and were given the cane as a gift.

Our business meeting was filled with inspirational speakers and we had fun with our "not-so-silent" auction. Thanks to those who contributed items and who bid on them. WE raised $1,030 for our treasury.

A more detailed report will appear in our next newsletter.

Start making plans for next year and join us in Dallas, Texas!

Judy Sanders
Pressident
NFB Senior Division