[Nfb-seniors] news from convention

Judy Sanders jsanders.nfb at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 18:39:05 UTC 2012

Greetings to all,

Here is news from our division activities at the NFB convention in Dallas.

In our last newsletter we asked for suggestions for a name for this publication.  Thank you to all who made them.  In the end, we the division board took a suggestion from Pat Gormley of Maryland and tweaked it a bit. Our newsletter will for now on be known as the Blind Senior Perspective.

During our meeting we held elections with the following results:

President, Ruth Sager, Maryland

First vice president: Art Schreiber, New Mexico

Second vice president: Judy Sanders, Minnesota

Secretary: Ramona Walhof, Idaho

Treasurer: Dianne McGeorge, Colorado

Our two board members will stand for election next year.  They are:

Don Gillmore, Illinois and Florida

Margot Downey, New York

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone whom I had the pleasure of getting to know as president of this division. There can be no doubt that by working as a part of the National Federation of the Blind there is a bright future for all blind seniors. I look forward to working with Ruth and remaining an active part of this division.

Judy Sanders