[Nfb-seniors] Hello all! I'm a new member of the Blind Senior list!

Judy Mayo jhunterm53 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 19:07:35 UTC 2014

Hi Linda & Valerie & others (?),
I am a new member also, but hadn't emailed because I didn't think
anyone was a member,,,lol. I am Judy Mayo from Allentown,
Pennsylvania. I am with the GLVC/NFB. I am 61 and will be 62 this
coming April. I am a Type 1 diabetic & have been from the age of 8. I
really am surprised to have lived this long. I have out lived every
diabetic in my families.  I lost my sight to Diabetic Retinopthy. I
can see maybe about 5 percent.  I go to the Center for Vision Loss in
Allentown, Pa, but I am about to stop going. If it were not for some
other vision impaired people who go and I have become friends with, I
would not go anymore.  The staff there try so hard to make us feel
like we are stupid and can't do anything. A couple of us get together
and do our own things away from the center. We have movie night at
someones house, get together and cook and have dinner together, have
lunch  and make arrangements to go shopping and have lunch out
somewhere.  There is even an 85 year young lady who does things with
us. We are not ready to give up and sit home. There are other things
that bothers me, but that is for another email,,,lol. Glad to finally
hear from someone and let us keep the conversation going.
Judy Mayo

--
Judy H Mayo