[Nfb-seniors] This and that

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Thu Nov 6 11:32:33 UTC 2014

...I've not yet been to Australia but hope to do so some day...it's been such a dream come true to visit other countries and cultures...I always try to locate blind persons where ever I go to see how their life is in their communities...it's very reveeling when there is no blind people out and about in a big city, for example.

I only grow herbs but do love using them in cooking. I'm envious of those of you with the ability to have a garden in your yard...nothing like fresh vegitables.

Also, I used to be the state administrator for blind services in Kansas and net Joe Ruffalo at many meetings for agency directors...not sure he would remember me but I'm glad to hear he's doing  his good work for the blind. I'll pull up the state convention via streaming when I'm around the house this weekend and catch some of the meetings. I'm loving the opportunity to vicariously participate in some of the state conventions via streaming. I've really enjoyed the Colorado's convention this last weekend and the Nebraska and South Carolina's NFB convention in the past several months. Dianne