[Nfb-seniors] Please post the following announcement from thepresident of the Senior Division

Janie Degenshein jdegen16 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 28 02:56:51 UTC 2015

Hello Judy
I have copied the info from the attachment here for you below.
It was an attachment and when you found the attachment, just arrow to the text
file and voila
In addition, the state of New Jersey is donating 2 personally created
cookbooks titled
>From our hearts to your homes
e-z recipes you can make with  your eyes closed
They were compiled by my blind support group ECHO (Eyes Closed Hearts Open)
and 2 beautiful perfume bottles
If I can fit anything else in my luggage, I will just bring and we will add
that as well.
Hope this is helpful
See you soon
woo hoo!***
Subject: SENIOR DIVISION 4TH CONFERENCE CALL NATIONWIDE info enclosed

Hello all seniors of our NFBNJ division
Below is the info for the fourth national senior division conference call.
Sounds like another great one.
Enjoy
SENIOR DIVISION 4TH CONFERENCE CALL NATIONWIDE

Join colleagues and friends and fellow Federationists for the 4th Senior
Division Conference call for 2015 Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at the usual
times:

4:00 eds,

3:00 central,

2:00 Mountain

1:00 Pacific time.

Topic:  Hobbies and Recreation; continue to pursue favorite pastime
activities
and try some new ones.  Moderator, Marguerite Woods.

Marguerite came to Blind Industries and Services of Maryland for her
blindness
training joining first the senior, Seniors Achieving Independent living
(SAIL)
program and then transferring in to the more intensive CORE, full
residential
training program.  Upon graduation she applied for and was accepted in to
the
International Institute of Social Entrepremeurs for one year in India
working
with other people with disabilities on social projects.

Marguerite is a motivational speaker, works in ceramics, line dancing and is
part of a book club. She reports she is checking out sailing as her newest
venture.

Come join her on this next call and share your experiences with adapting
favorite hobbies or recreational activities you have learned since losing
vision.  Ask questions on how to make adaptations and find how simple some
of
these techniques can be.

The number to use is:

712-432-1500

Access code:

759633 then pound.

As always, we ask that when uyou enter the call you put your telephone on
"mote" mode by pressing star 6.  You will e able to hear everything being
said
on the call but no one will hear any background noise in your location.
When
you wish to speak, press star 6 to remove the "mote" mode and then state
your
name so the moderator can recotgnize you.  When not speaking, please return
the "mute" mode once again.

The playback number to use is:

712-432-1202 and then you are asked for the access code:

759633 pound.  You then will be asked for a  reference number.  The
reference
numbers start with 2 and are consecutive.  We had three conference calls
last
year and then we recorded the seminar held at last year's annual convention
which would be reference number 6 when added.  In may will have our 4th call
for 2015.  It may take a few seconds for the system to connect to the
conference call play back you are looking for.

You can also go to our webpage seniors at nfb.org<mailto:seniors at nfb.org> and
find he link to our conference calls and either download or make a podcast
listen to the calls.

Share this information with your friends and colleagues.  Although the
senior
division of the National Federation of the Blind is sponsoring these
conference calls, you don't have to be a senior to participate.  You just
have
to pick up your phone and dial in to be a participant.

Ruth Sager
Coordinator, Senior Services
Rehabilitation Division
Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM)
3345 Washington Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21227
Office:  410-737-2649
Fax:  410-737-2689
www.bism.org<http://www.bism.org>

[cid:image001.png at 01D03BBB.7BF8F220]

SAVE THE DATE--August 20, 2015 POSSIBILITIES FAIR for Seniors Losing Vision
Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM)
3345 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21227 Recommended for Low Vision &
Blind
Seniors 55 +
For more info, contact: Andy McIver, amciver at bism.org, 410-737-2648
Ruth Sager, rsager at bism.org, 410-737-2649 Shirley Riffle, sriffle at bism.org,