[Nfb-seniors] Contributing to society at 80 and beyond

John J. Boyer john at godtouches.org
Mon Jun 20 07:06:20 UTC 2016

Hello Fellow NFB Members,

I'll be 80 in July, but I want to remain an active contributor to
society as long as possible. I've always been motivated to help other
blind people gain more access to science, mathematics and so on. Some of
you may recognize my name as the main developer of the liblouis Braille
translation and back-translation software. I have now turned this over
to others, and I'm working on making electronics and robotics more
accessible to blind people. I'm also writing Christian sci-fi.

I am deaf-blind and have limited mobility. My chief volunteer is feeling
overloaded. So I'm wondering if people on this list can point me to
other resources to continue being an active contributor to society.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer, Executive Director,
GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc.
Email: john at godtouches.org
Website: http://www.godtouches.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Mission: To promote universalPeace, Love and Service