[Nfb-seniors] Thank You!

Marylin Zimmerman maryzimm9 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 20:18:07 UTC 2017

Hi Robert,
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for all the hard work and
research you have done for the low vision community and for your sharing
and forwarding your information and making it available to all of us.  I
had no idea this technology was out there and I embrace modern technology.

I started out looking for a support group and to talk with someone who has
already gone down this road.  I live in Pennsylvania, am legally blind in
 my right eye with a macular hole and degeneration and the left eye has
severe degeneration.  I am still allowed to drive but don't know how much
longer.  I was a registered nurse and have had a few computer courses and
many temp jobs learning new computer programs.  I took intro to computers
at the college level in 1991 and it was worth its weight in gold.  Many
people my age are afraid of computers and I have friends who even refuse to
own one so I have limited conversations with people my own age.  I am 67.

I am learning Braille.  My eye doctor told me to prepare for the
inevitable.  I get your newsletters and am thankful for them.  I want to do
and learn as much as I can now before it is too late to do so.  Do you know
of anyone I can talk to and learn from?  I don't want' to complain; I want
to learn and have a low vision friend.

Again, thank you for being there and doing what you do.
Marylin
email address is:
maryzimm9 at gmail.com