[Nfb-seniors] NFBN Senior Division Monthly Phone Meeting - Sept. 11 - Visitors Welcome!

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 18:06:47 UTC 2017

Hi you all

RE: Notice of our September meeting!

(Visitors are welcome)

Contents of this message:

*When and how to get on the call

*Agenda

*Minutes from our last meeting- pasted below

*The NFB Pledge

*#1 When and How to Get On the Call:

Date: Monday September 11th

Time: 6:00 MT, 7:00 CT

Phone: 1-712-451-0011

Access Code: 345154Pound

*#2 Agenda:

-First- Come-to-order, say our NFB pledge (Linda will present our pledge)

-Second- secretary & treasurers Reports Will be given

--OLD BUSINESS:

-Membership- do make calls to past members who have not joined us during
recent meetings. And/or think of someone new to call and invite to join us
for this or next month's meeting.

-Any new ideas for finding people who need us?

-Anything you may bring

--NEW BUSINESS:

-We firm up plans for our Division's meeting during state convention;
happens before our next monthly meeting

-Anything else you may bring

*#3 Philosophical Discussion: In time of a major natural disaster, do you
wait for someone to arrange help for you, or. what?

--Finally- Brags & Drags

--Adjournment

*#4 NFB Pledge:

 I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National

Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for
the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to
abide by its constitution.

**Last months minutes:

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION MEETING MINUTES

Monday, August 14, 2017

The National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska Senior Division met by
telephone conference Monday, August 14, 2017. In the absence of our
president, Barbara Loos, our Vice President, called the meeting to order at
7:07 PM CDT. Members present were: Vice President Barbara Loos, Secretary
Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy Oltman, Chris
Boone, Gina Finnell, Walt Hively, Brad Loos, and Steve Senteney. Guests were
Warren Bennett, Melvin Forster, Michael Jones (all from Nebraska), and
Kermit Kirchoff from Kansas.

Cheryl recited the NFB Pledge. Linda will recite it next month.

Linda read the June meeting minutes. Nancy moved, Cheryl seconded, that they
be approved as read. The motion carried.

Cheryl gave the Treasurer's report as follows:

Treasurer's Report-Senior Division

There was no Treasurer's report in July

August 14, 2017

Beginning Balance June 12, 2017 $771.53

Expenses

PAC plan pledge for July $ 15.00

PAC plan pledge for August $ 15.00

Deposits

August 14- 10% of B Canes $332.00

Ending Balance August 14, 2017 $1073.53

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer

Chris moved, Nancy seconded, that we accept the Treasurer's report as read.
The motion carried.

OLD BUSINESS. Chris reported on the Nebraska White Cane Law. She read the
beginning of the policy, listed some violations for drivers, and provisions
for drivers and pedestrians. Our canes should be predominantly white or
metallic in color. Discussion followed about deaths and accidents.

NEW BUSINESS. Cheryl reported on the State Board Meeting, which was held by
telephone on August 8. Anil Lewis will be our National Representative. Our
division will again be doing "fit breaks" during the general sessions. There
will be a bus from Fontenelle Tours to transport attendees to the
convention. $1500 of the bequest will be used to help five first-timers with
their convention expenses. Barbara wondered if the film "Do You Dream in
Color" could be shown some time during the weekend.

Some who attended the National Convention shared their thoughts and
experiences.

BRAGS AND DRAGS. Warren would like an app for him and his driver to use when
riding his side-by-side bicycle. No one knew of any.

Gina fell and broke her arm Friday morning.

Nancy broke her cane at the National Convention. A few of us shared broken
cane experiences.

Linda said that her Schnoodle has a heart murmur, and is now on two
medications.

Nancy moved, Gina seconded, that we adjourn. The motion carried, and we
adjourned at 8:38 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary