[Nfb-seniors] NFBN Senior Division - February Meeting - Special Guest to discuss changes in blindness services in Nebraska - Visitors Welcome

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:26:36 UTC 2019

Hi you all

RE: Our meeting for February is next week! Monday the 11th

Non-members are welcome

Contents of this message:

*When and how to get on the call

*Agenda

*The NFB Pledge

* Secretary's and Treasurer's report are coming

*#1 When and How to Get On the Call:

Date: February 11th

Time: 5:00 Pacific; 6:00 Mountain; 7:00 Central; 8:00 Eastern

Phone: 1-712-451-0011

Access Code: 345154Pound

*#2 Agenda:

-First- Come to order, introductions, say our NFB pledge; Chris will
present.

-Second- Presentation by guest speaker, Mark Bulger, Chair of the NCBVI
Board of Commissioners. We will discuss the major changes going on within
Nebraska's premier blindness rehabilitation services program, the Nebraska
Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired. This is the first time NCBVI
has found it necessary to down-size. Come and learn what we need to know,
and to do about it!

Third- Secretary & Treasurers Reports Will be given

--OLD BUSINESS:

-Membership- do make calls to past members who have not joined us during
recent meetings. And/or think of someone new to call and invite to join us
for this or next month's meeting.

-Any other old business you may bring

--NEW BUSINESS:

-Discuss the new status for blindness services; order of selection, fewer
staff and offices, and more

-Anything you may bring

--Finally- Brags & Drags

*Our NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.