[NFB-Seniors] dear Jack

Steve Cook stanley7709 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 11:23:44 UTC 2020

Love this!

-----Original Message-----
From: NFB-Seniors <nfb-seniors-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of PLipovsky
via NFB-Seniors
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 10:15 AM
To: 'NFB Senior Division list' <nfb-seniors at nfbnet.org>
Cc: PLipovsky <plipovsky at cfl.rr.com>
Subject: [NFB-Seniors] dear Jack

thought this was cute and thought I would share it.

I lost a dear friend last night....Jack. At approximately 3:34am, I was
abruptly awakened by two gun shots and glass breakage at the opposite end of
the

house. I grabbed the 9mm and rolled out of bed quietly listening for any
movement. My home defense training kicked in... Weaver stance, trigger
safety

off, quick peek out the bedroom door, weapons hot... No sign of movement...
No sound of an intruder.. With all the stealth of Paul Blart, the mall cop,

I moved thru the house clearing room by room, checking behind doors,
closets, windows.....nothing was left to chance. A quick glance of the front
surveillance

camera showed nothing. Rear....nothing. I belly-crawled into the kitchen
like Tom Cruise on an Impossible Mission....still no signs of a burglar. But
then

I noticed....the refrigerator door ajar.. I slowly opened to find carnage
and horror. Apparently, 2 canned rolls of Pillsbury biscuits had froze and
burst

next to a bottle of Jack Daniels, and the impact caused it to hit the fridge
door, then shatter. Jack died from an IED.. We never talked much, and he was

only a year old....but he was always there nonetheless. Goodbye, my friend.