[nfb-talk] Check Out This Link On Rush Limbaughtalking aboutblind justice

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 21:35:01 UTC 2010

Put simply, Mr. Limbaugh assumed that we have access to print books
and that the Kindle was an optional thing.  (He said the latter
outright.)  He doesn't know that we have had problems with required
classes because those classes use electronic components that are not
accessible.  He assumes things are hunky-dory and that we're rocking
the boat.  You'd think he'd have taken the time to know that wasn't
true, since he's using it as an example of the DOJ wasting its time.
Bad on him, I say.

Then we have the question of it as an example.  I say it's an example
of the DOJ wasting its time because that's the only thing that makes
sense.  Yes, Mr. Limbaugh, the DOJ has made it quite clear that they
are not concerned about racially-motivated voter intimidation, as
long as the intimidator is not white.  Yes, that makes them (not us)
bigots.  However, that does not make the DOJ's action wrong in this
instance, since the law requires that the universities do what they
were not doing.

No, I believe the man is wrong in this instance.  He has been before,
and will be again.  Because I doubt he has enough humility to ever
admit to being so, I do not see it as worth our while to try and
correct his reasoning.  (I define "our" here in both th sense of the
NFB and "our" being blind conservatives who think he was being an
idiot here...)

I don't think I've got much more to say on the subject.

Joseph