[NFB-Utah] Auction items for the convention

Nfb Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 06:27:36 UTC 2018

On April 19, 2018 the Utah affiliate of the National Federation of the
Blind will be hosting our 61st Annual Convention; where, during the
Luncheon on Saturday, April 21st, the majority of items donated will be
auctioned.  Please attend all general sessions and the banquet; you never
know when an auction item might be presented.  To make this event as
exciting and extraordinary as we hope, we will need your help!  Please
consider supporting the National Federation of the Blind of Utah by
donating gift certificates, merchandise, or services.  In continuation of
last year’s auction, we are grouping auction items as follows:

   1.

   Chapter Basket(s): A great tradition here in the state of Utah.
   2.

   Handcrafted: Many of our chapters have talented crafters and
   artists that we hope to showcase.
   3.

   Utah Eats: An item that is consumable, such as chocolate or baked items.
   4.

   Technology

   Your donation is tax deductible, and we would be happy to provide our
   Tax ID number upon request.

   Please be in contact with your chapter president if you have an item you
   would like to donate to the chapter basket or on the chapter’s behalf.  We
   will also accept donations from individuals, but want to make sure each
   chapter is aware of what sorts of items they already have in hand.  You
   may either bring the item to the convention, or you may contact me to
   arrange a time to drop it off with an Auction team member.

   Due to the popularity of the affiliate auction, we will once again have
   a viewing room where individuals can place their pre-bid prior to the live
   auction.  Due to time constraints the affiliate will be limiting the
   live auction to a maximum of 50 items.  If we receive adequate auctions
   items in excess of 50 items, there will be earmarked items set aside as
   silent auction items; these items will sell to the highest bidder at the
   end of the pre-bid timeframe.

   In order to get the best presentation of our auction items during the
   luncheon, we are requesting descriptions and a suggested starting bid be
   sent to Daniel Ashman at djashman2007 at gmail.com by Wednesday, April 11,
   2018. This will allow the auction team to streamline the process.  We
   will be happy to accept items without descriptions as well as at the
   convention (deadline for acceptance is Friday, April 19, 2018), but please
   be advised these items may not be as adequately described as you would like.

   Please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Ashman with any questions.  Thank
   you in advance, and your continued generosity will help fund the movement
   of blind Utahns to “Live the Life they Want”.

   National Federation of the Blind of Utah
   Hotline 801-info-nfb (801-632-6632)
   www.nfbutah.org
   follow us on twitter @nfbutah
   follow us on facebook nfbu