[NFB-Utah] Disability Pride Month Proclamation Reading!

nfbutah at gmail.com nfbutah at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 03:11:16 UTC 2023

Hi, I would really appreciate anyone who can attend this tomorrow.

Thank you!

Hello and Happy Disability Pride Month!

You are invited! Please join us THURSDAY July 27th, from 2:00pm  – 3:00 PM. Please arrive early for mingling and seating!

Mayor Erin Mendenhall would like to invite you to join her for our first ever Disability Pride Month Proclamation Reading! This is a formal gathering to celebrate our Disabled community in Salt Lake City with the Accessibility & Disability Commission. We will meet in person at the Salt Lake City & County Building (451 S. State Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84111). Meet on the 2nd floor of the city & county building. The reading will occur on the southern side of the hallway. Refreshments will be on the 3rd floor EAST patio. Parking is publicly available along the horseshoe or along 200 East. Spa water, vegan and non-vegan popsicles will be served!

This press conference and proclamation recognizing Disability Pride Month (July.1 – July. 31) will be supported by ASL interpreters. The event will feature remarks from Mayor, Councilwoman Victoria Petro, Ashley Lichtle, ADA Coordinator; Pamela Mower, AD Commissioner; and Everette Bacon, AD Commission Chair.

Ase’- Yoruba of Nigeria, a word of affirmation, similar to the word 'Amen' at the end of a prayer.