[Nfb-web] Looking for advice re streaming

Arnold Bailey arnoldbail at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 23:42:25 UTC 2008

Hi Gary and all,

I  just want to make a slight off tangent remark regarding holding a class.
This was the exact application of a Webinar that we discussed in another
thread. I believe there a latent resource of webmasters who, I think, would
be a great (and cheap) resource for the NFB. It's certainly cheaper than
consultants. I think there are many opportunities to share development work
for the overall NFB.

Back on topic, I did some analysis work to determine if we could stream the
state convention a couple years ago, Bryan Schulz was really helpful in
relaying his experiences and advice, which I summarized in a document *which
I have attached). It surely will give you a feel for the effort.

I have a lot of programming, web and network experience and yet I couldn't
commit to do the job of streaming the convention. I have zero audio hardware
experience and even less cabling expertise. My eyesight is such that doing
connections and cabling would be insurmountable. I needed a sighted person
who had that  experience.

I hope that the document if helpful.

Arnold