[Nfb-web] PayPal Help

Daved Daly daved at lightwave.net
Wed Feb 4 03:55:20 UTC 2009

Also, if it needs to be mentioned... there's a lot of fraud on the internet
and hijacking PayPal accounts is a major target.

If the people using the PayPal account aren't understanding of Fishing
schemes or have ever gotten an email account hijacked, they are going to
need to be extra careful.

While it's become a bit inconvenient for me with impaired vision, I strongly
suggest most people purchase the PayPal Security Key.  This is a small
keychain device with LCD display which acts as a secondary password.  Every
30 seconds it will display a new random 6 digit code which is the second
password you enter once you normally log in.

There are of course ways around it, in case you lose the device or it
breaks, don't have it on you, or can't read the LCD, etc :)  It's well worth
the added security for most people to use, however they do cost $5 each.