[Nfb-web] : Web Design as a Career

Arnold Bailey arnoldbail at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:59:15 UTC 2009

To respond to Peter's comments, I agree that the podcasts and conferencing
are vehicles that should be looked at.

To comment on Everett's observations, what I am focused on is the middle and
high school, college age students. It could be someone older that seriously
is interested and motivated to learn about programming as a career. I really
believe that we don't spend very much time on this group. So, thinking of
that group, there needs to introductory, hands-on learning of programming. I
view it more like using conferencing (skype) and working within groups
(teams). I will be placing on the webmaster drupal site a "Framework of NFB
Applications" which will be a list of areas to investigate, explore, solve
and implement. This certainly will be up for review and comment. I'm a super
big believer that down and dirty, self learning beats a class environment.
There is more commitment, hard work and satisfaction at the results. That
doesn't mean that podcast and other vehicles cannot be used. In fact, these
vehicles themselves are a great learning exercise for them. I agree totally
that accessibility technology and software development must be a core part
of the instruction. One of the key skills to get an edge on sited
competitors, is the accessibility software expertise.

Arnold