[Nfb-web] Browser Compatabillity Concern (URL)

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 24 18:25:40 UTC 2010

Good afternoon everyone,

    I have a client whose Web site's appearance attributes show in Internet
Explorer without any problem but do not show in Firefox. She uses Firefox
under Windows 7 though I'm not sure which Firefox version she's using. We
have version 3.0.17on our computers running under Windows XP Home. Like her
we're seeing the same problems. The site's appearance is all right in
Internet Explorer but page background, text, and other colors don't show in
Firefox. Her banners and photos appear in both browsers with no problem.

    I inherited this site from another developer who used lots of  <div>
tags to create the different page sections. One person suggested that
Firefox may not be recognizing these tags and the appearance data they
contain. How can this be fixed?

    On another note since upgrading to Windows 7 this client is unable to
access her Web sites with Window-Eyes with Firefox adding to the problem. I
advised her that this is in no way responsible for the browser compatibility
problems we're seeing and that she should address this concern with GW Micro
or other Window-Eyes users. We use JAWS Version 11.0 and her site reads okay
in both browsers.

    The Web Site URL is:
http://www.dynamicbuna.com

    If someone can look at this site with both Internet Explorer and Mozilla
Firefox to help us develop a fix for the browser compatibility we'll
appreciate that very much. If possible perform these tests under Windows 7
with Window-Eyes to see what results you get. Your assistance will be very
much appreciated.

Peter Donahue

 "Will you come and awake our lost land from its slumber
      And her fetters we'll break, links that long are encumbered.
      And the air will resound with hosannas to greet you
      On the shore will be found gallant Irishmen to greet you."
Will You Come to the Bower
Traditional Irish Folk Song