[Nfb-web] Drupal versus WordPress

Drenth, Joe Joe.Drenth at JBTC.COM
Fri Jun 18 13:51:28 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am new to this list and about to embark on a web site development
project that will use either Drupal or WordPress as the framework.
Although I haven't worked directly with either yet, I have extensive
experience with XML, HTML, CSS, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, and others, and
from reading the development documentation for WordPress and Drupal, I
don't think I'll have any trouble with the technology itself in either
direction.

My question to this list is whether one is noticeably better from the
accessibility perspective during development and end use.  I know there
are differences in how the hosting site allows access to the control
panels and interfaces to the frameworks, but ignoring that, are there
any pitfalls to recognize before choosing a direction that could
influence the decision of which to use?

Also, I heard of an NFB Drupal template/theme but have not been able to
track it down - Can anyone please  direct me to where I can download it
and whether there is one for WordPress, too?  (My project could lead to
a replacement for a state affiliate web site.)

Thank you very much,

Joe

Joseph Drenth
R&D Software Engineer