[NFB_of_Georgia] Resources and info for Washington Seminar

gaikens at nfbga.org gaikens at nfbga.org
Mon Feb 8 02:37:09 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I hope you are all ready for Washington Seminar tomorrow. Below are several
resources for you as you do final preparations. Don't hesitate to contact me
with questions.

*	I will be sending separate emails with info for each of our meetings
this week.
*	If you have not heard from your team leader yet, please let me know.
*	Except for folks from District 4 and 5. Your meeting has not been
scheduled yet. I'll keep you updated as I continue to work on that.

The link for all things Washington Seminar, including Fact sheets and
agendas is:

https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/advocacy/washington-seminar

Jessica Mathis was kind enough to type up notes from our call on Thursday
night. They are attached to this message for your convenience. If you would
like to listen to the recording of Thursday night's call, use this link:

Topic: NFB of GA Washington Seminar Prep

Date: Feb 4, 2021 07:44 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Meeting Recording:

https://zoom.us/rec/share/s_AfwAWveKXQYBgc2XJUOHVizumzU6yC0ECpmrNvFPUWc5dj6K
5_A5t01j0Alxwc.6dYnpeLaB0PTw1nk

We also had a smaller meeting this evening. Here is the recording with some
gems from Congressman Robert Smith:

https://zoom.us/rec/share/6buxCJH1py0QVt286zH_5qp_GAOiawbo3QSEPnoMpAFSyec1Al
MgmHdX-kh1tSE2.4uEScJTO3n94kpDj?startTime=1612744175000

There are several important meetings tomorrow, including our last info
session and the Great gathering in. Zoom info and call-in numbers are below:

2:00-4:00 PM: Legislative Seminar

Whether you are a Washington Seminar veteran or an enthusiastic rookie, we
urge you to attend this interactive seminar. The government affairs team
will provide essential information about our legislative priorities for
2021. You will also have an opportunity to ask questions and put your
knowledge into practice.

The fact sheets can be found at  <https://www.nfb.org/washington-seminar>
https://www.nfb.org/washington-seminar. We encourage you to review these
documents carefully beforehand and come prepared with questions so we are
all well-equipped with the information we need to make our case to members
of Congress and their staff.

Join Zoom Meeting:
 <https://zoom.us/j/97142192062> https://zoom.us/j/97142192062
One tap mobile: +13017158592,,97142192062#
+13126266799,,97142192062#

5:00-7:00 PM: Great Gathering-In

Please join us for the official kickoff meeting of the Washington Seminar,
hosted by the President of the National Federation of the Blind, Mark
Riccobono. All are welcome.

Join Zoom Meeting:
 <https://zoom.us/j/97142192062> https://zoom.us/j/97142192062
One tap mobile: +13017158592,,97142192062#
+13126266799,,97142192062#

Greg Aikens

Legislative Director

 <http://www.nfbga.org/> National Federation of the Blind of Georgia