[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Blind and low-vision adults needed for survey on availability of healthcare information during the COVID-19 pandemic

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Sun Jun 27 23:02:30 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Blake, Lou Ann via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org

Date: Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 5:50 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Blind and low-vision adults needed for
survey on availability of healthcare information during the COVID-19
pandemic
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for
informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no
involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our
research mission.

Dear Federationists, this is Sushil Oswal from the University of
Washington. I am the principal investigator on a survey about the
availability of healthcare information to blind and low-vision consumers
during the past 17 months. This is an important survey for our blindness
community because it will give the members of blind consumer organizations
an opportunity to register their experiences of finding healthcare
information during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please give us as much of your
personal experiences as you can so that our study could create a
comprehensive picture of the healthcare information barriers blind people
face particularly under pandemic conditions.

We will be contributing 1 dollar for every survey completed to NFB
headquarters; so, please show your support by completing this survey
immediately.

You will also have the option to be included in a draw for 10 $25 gift
cards. Unfortunately, we did not get enough funding to do this study but we
don’t want to miss the opportunity to take a nationwide-impression of what
the healthcare information experiences of blindness community have been
during these trying times. We will be producing a report on the basis of
this healthcare information survey which will be shared with as many local
and state-level health departments as possible.

Here is the link:

https://uwt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_77chF5mNyhLS938

If you have any questions about the survey, or you have difficulty
completing the survey, please email me at oswal at u.washington.edu.

Our human subjects approval includes a permission to conduct this survey
over the phone if necessary. So, do not hesitate to email me privately if
you face computer issues while completing this survey. My co-investigator
and I will maintain your privacy in all possible circumstances.

With regards from unseasonably hot Greater Seattle,

Sushil

Sushil K. Oswal, Ph.D.

Professor of Human-Centered Design and Accessibility

School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences

Affiliate Professor, Disability Studies

College of Arts and Sciences

University of Washington

oswal at u.washington.edu

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.

Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org

[image: National Federation of the Blind] <https://nfb.org/>

                         [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>    [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>    [image: Youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we
work together to help blind people live the lives they want.