[NFBA-Tucson] Straight off the Canvas viewing October 23 at 1pm

Joanne Gabias JGabias at saavi.us
Tue Oct 12 19:47:50 UTC 2021

Message from Abdallah Shoolie:

Straight off the Canvas

Attention to all; Mark your calendars for October 23 at 1 PM Arizona time:

You're all invited to join us in this perception shattering film that captures the journey and passion of blind and visually impaired artists and art teachers.
Directed and produced by Anthony Saldana, this award winning film considers the question: what is art when your eyes are closed? And does so from the perspective of blind artists. Art is not just a visual medium. Blind people can enjoy, create and teach art as a creative expression.
Whether you are blind or not, whether you are an artist or not this film asks us to step out of our perspective and listen to those who are actually drawing their own story by breaking boundaries in a world that has traditionally kept them outside the cordoned off sections.

Please stay after  the screening for a discussion and be looking out for the zoom link as we get closer to October 23.

For more information or questions please contact Abdallah at shoolie.a at gmail.com<mailto:shoolie.a at gmail.com>

https://facebook.com/events/s/straight-off-the-canvas-film-s/1183254185500038/

Joanne Gabias, M.A., NOMCT, NCUEB, NCRTB
Fundraising Chair
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona
Cell: 318-497-2782