[NFBA-Tucson] attention! time for door prizes...

Mark Feliz mafeliz0641 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 17:34:15 UTC 2023

Dear Fellow Federationists!

Have you marked your calendar and set aside the dates of Thursday,
August 24 through Sunday, August 27, 2023 to attend our 77th National
Federation of the Blind of Arizona’s state convention? We are really
excited, as this will be the second year we will be back together,
in-person, and we can’t wait to see you again!

While our convention time is a wonderful experience learning from our
special guest speakers, meeting with friends, exploring the latest new
gadgets, acquiring blindness techniques and resources, mentoring new
members, or networking while sharing a meal, it requires a lot of
people working together to make this all happen smoothly! Here’s where
you come in! Don’t worry! You won’t have to give a speech, or
anything! All we need from you, is a simple little moment of your
time! A moment of your time is all it will take to pass on a copy of
the Door Prize Request Letter to friends, colleagues, local
restaurants, movie theaters, large department stores,   hair salons,
neighborhood bakeries, bowling alleys, ice cream parlors, electronic
stores, grocery stores, gas stations, or many other businesses that
are in your local area. You may either request a specific item, or
cash, in the form of a gift card, or voucher. You may even have
something lying around in your home that is either handmade or new for
which you have no need, but would like to donate. Think outside of the
box! We ask that your donations be either brand new, or have a value
of approximately $20 or more. Remember that those items collected
which have a higher value will be included in our annual auction.

It's simple to donate a door prize! First, obtain an electronic or
print copy of the Door Prize Request Letter from your chapter or
division president or assigned coordinator, then carry several copies
with you as you travel around town! Next, mail or schedule an
opportunity to hand deliver the donation letter to the manager on duty
at the business where you are requesting a donation. Once a donation
is received but needs to be mailed directly to the designated
collection point in Mesa, please follow the instructions in the Door
Prize Request Letter. If you will be bringing your donation with you
to the convention hotel in Phoenix, it would be helpful if you would
label it in Braille and large print, prior to dropping it off at the
Door Prize collection table, (next to the registration table), when
you pick up your registration packet.

That’s all there is to it! You would be surprised at how many people
gladly make a donation, just because someone asked! So, take a moment.
Request donations at your favorite establishments, and let’s collect
some really awesome door prizes for this year’s convention in Phoenix!

If you have any questions, please contact Mark Feliz at:

480-560-0641

nfb.az.eastvalley at gmail.com

We appreciate your help!
Mark Feliz