[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] Fw: [Arizona-News] FW: Phoenix Seminar is right around the corner and we need all of you!

Tony Sohl tonysohl at samobile.net
Sun Jan 7 20:49:08 UTC 2024

Forwarded message:

From: Donald Porterfield via Arizona-News <arizona-news at nfbnet.org>
to: <Arizona-news at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [Arizona-News] FW: Phoenix Seminar is right around the corner and
 we need all of you!
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 00:50:37 -0700

From: Amy Porterfield <APorterfield at saavi.us>
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2024 12:49 AM
To: nfb.az.president at gmail.com
Subject: FW: Phoenix Seminar is right around the corner and we need all of you!

From: Amy Porterfield
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2024 12:04 AM
To: arizona-news at nfbnet.org <mailto:arizona-news at nfbnet.org>

Hello Federation Family,

It is time again for us to get ready for the 2024 Phoenix seminar.

As agreed upon last state convention, we will be holding this seminar
in person on January 16 from 8:00-4:00 where we will have a reserved
room available as our central control.

AS we have done in the past, we will arrange appointment times with as
many representatives and senators as we can. To make your day go more
smoothly, we need each of you who will attend to send me your new
legislative district. Please be aware that all legislative districts
have changed. Additionally, to help us prepare for our national
advocacy efforts, we are asking you to send your congressional
districts as well so we can help design our advocacy strategy in Arizona.

   * To look up your legislative district in Arizona, please go to
https://irc-az.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=424810a4667049388ef6df4f0c73098b
<https://irc-az.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=424810a4667049388ef6df4f0c73098b>
where you will enter your address into the search field.

   * To look up your congressional district, please go to
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/map#google_vignette
<https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/map#google_vignette> where
you again search with your address.

   * Please send both district numbers to me at aporterfield at saavi.us
<mailto:aporterfield at saavi.us>. We will enter you in our legislative
database so we can send you updated information about your elected
legislators and how you can target your advocacy for the best outcomes.

   * If you will attend the Phoenix or Washington seminars, we will
send your appointment times as soon as we get them.

   * If you will not attend in person, we still need your information.
We will be able to target your advocacy efforts specifically to your
elected legislator.

This year we will be targeting two advocacy efforts.

Accessible absentee voting, and increased funding for independent
living services. These talking points are attached and will
additionally be available in Braille and print at our central control
room. In addition, we will be advocating an additional issue around
blindness educator certifications. This will be targeted directly to
members in the education committee. If your legislator services on this
committee, we will be providing you with an additional fact sheet.

As always, we will be offering a lunch option which will include a
sandwich, a side, and a drink. We are asking for a $10.00 contribution
for each lunch. If you would like to take advantage of our lunch
option, please email me at porterfield
@saavi.us so we can account for you and any dietary issues you may have.

Finally: We will be holding a virtual great gathering in to review our
issues, answer questions, and prepare our advocacy message. We will
meet Sunday, January 14, on at the zoom link attached.

I am excited about the work we can do together not improve the lives of
blind people living in Arizona. I appreciate all you do. We can only
make positive change through collective action. Together we each make a
true difference.

If you have any further questions, please call or text me at
520-396-8707 or email aporterfield at saavi.us <mailto:aporterfield at saavi.us>.

Donald Porterfield is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Phoenix Seminar Virtual Gathering In

Time: Jan 14, 2024, 04:00 PM Arizona

Join Zoom Meeting

https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/98747624619 <https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/98747624619>

Meeting ID: 987 4762 4619

---

One tap mobile

+12532050468,,98747624619# US

+12532158782,,98747624619# US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 987 4762 4619

Find your local number: https://nfb-org.zoom.us/u/acLKfmY8C
<https://nfb-org.zoom.us/u/acLKfmY8C>

---

Join by Skype for Business

https://nfb-org.zoom.us/skype/98747624619
<https://nfb-org.zoom.us/skype/98747624619>

Amy Porterfield, She/Her

Legislative Director

National Federation of the Blind of Arizona

520-396-8707

aporterfield at saavi.us <mailto:aporterfield at saavi.us>

az.nfb.org

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.