[Nfbc-info] Community Service

Michael Peterson its_mike at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 15 22:57:00 UTC 2009

    Hi Darion.  I agree with Terra. Community service strengthens the cause
of the NFB because it exemplafies our philosophy and potrays blind people as
givers not just takers.
Terra and I have had the privelege of walking for the American cancer
society and helping them raise money on one year we organized our own team
unfortunately we didn't do as well as we could have because we were in a
very rural community but even an event like the american cancer societies
relay for life is a wonderful place to start it builds relationships and
gives help and encouragement.
We also work to serve our community through our church and when we can in
other ways.
This would be a great division to organize we could even connect with our
amateur radio users and do some great things for service events using their
talents.
Mike Peterson

kd6wni