[Nfbc-info] Promoting the Louis Braille Coin

Serena Olsen starbellyserena at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 20:47:53 UTC 2009

If you've ever tried to reserve a display case at your local library,
you know you have to plan well in advance.  I thought it might be
worth mentioning here that I recently inquired at my local library
about this and didn't get the case for October (or sooner), which
would be optimal, but I will have the case for all of November and
December, so I can plan a display for that truly eleventh-hour push to
sell the Louis Braille Coins and encourage some holiday gift-giving.
So it may not be too late if you've been thinking about doing it as
well!  Act now!!

--
Serena Olsen, MAIPS
Braille Institute, volunteer

LESS THAN 10% OF BLIND CHILDREN ARE TAUGHT BRAILLE.
70% OF WORKING-AGE BLIND ADULTS ARE UNEMPLOYED.
FULLY-EMPLOYED BLIND PEOPLE ARE OVERWHELMINGLY BRAILLE LITERATE!

MAKE CHANGE WITH A DOLLAR!
There is a braille literacy crisis in America and you can be a part of
the solution!  Sales of the 2009 commemorative Louis Braille coin will
raise $8 million to benefit braille literacy programs nationwide!
Learn more at: www.braille.org