[Nfbc-info] Be a mentor at this year's National Convention!

Serena Olsen starbellyserena at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 18:38:01 UTC 2009

Greetings fellow California Federationists!

NFBC is looking for expert national convention-goers to share their
wisdom, experience, and passion for the Federation with newcomers!  If
you are interested in sharing the thrill and excitement of the NFB
National Convention in Detroit this year, then the NFBC needs you!
We are looking for veteran convention-goers to connect with newbies to
be sure their convention experience is maximized, enjoyable, and
memorable.
Mentors will be expected to be sure that first-timers get to events
like the Rookie Roundup, the California Caucus, etc. and otherwise
guide them through the agenda and events, as well as including them in
some of your social activities and introducing them to other
Federationists.  Please email me at olsen.serena at gmail.com if you have
more questions or want to throw your talents in the mix--type "NFBC
Mentor" in the subject line.  Tell me your name, age, gender, your
career/job description, hobbies and interests, and anything else that
makes you unique.  Also be sure to include contact email and phone
number.  The mentor committee will match mentors to first-timers based
on these characteristics and connect you prior to convention.  Also
indicate whether you are willing to be included as a backup/alternate
mentor should we not match you directly with a mentor.

Thanks for your contribution to the Federation and have a great convention!
--
Serena Olsen, MAIPS
Braille Institute, volunteer

Find me on Facebook!
http://www.myspace.com/starbellyserena
http://www.myspace.com/nfbcmonterey
http://www.myspace.com/tabithacambodia

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather
to skid in sideways, Grigio in one hand, strawberries in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "Wah Hoo!
What a ride!"