[Nfbc-info] Can someone explain

Michael Peterson its_mike at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 15 09:46:04 UTC 2009

    Hi chuck what bothers me and I haven't figured it out yet though is most
of the books articles I read show the disabled have a 70% unemployment rate
but the disability site I gave the link for says that figure is half or less
than half. If correct this would suggest NFB and other agencies are either
uninformed about people with disabilities or they are outright lying about
the jobless rate of blind consumers between the ages of 18 and 65.
I have a web resource on the mental impairment terminology which I will
check out and get back in a couple days when I have a chance to finish two
school projects I'm in the least three weeks of this term and because we
want to go to Sacramento this week or next that means I need to finish most
or all of the school work or carry the laptop.  I don't want to do the
papers on the laptop although I could do discussion forums using it.
Our instructor doesn't like us to even use third person language because he
says it compartmentalizes people. Better to say a person who happens to be
blind than "the blind"
etc.
Mike