[Nfbc-info] Can someone explain

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Jun 15 22:22:50 UTC 2009

I don't know that anyone is lying!  There are many variables, and
many ways to define things, so lots of numbers are possible.  What
are the definitions for specific disabilities -- who is and who
isn't.  Is it self reported or from another source.

The Department of Labor has actually started reporting too, and they
place the percent of disabled who are unemployed at around 13 percent
-- far below other figures.  It however, doesn't include people that
DOL says aren't looking for job.  How many, how do you define etc.

Personally for me, the 40 per cent figure feels right -- but I could
be wrong.  Either way -- most m9inorities would be outraged!

Dave