[Nfbc-info] Ed Eames

tina thomas tinadt at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 27 17:35:48 UTC 2009

I too was sadden to hear of the Passing of Ed Eames. Ed and  Toni were a big
help to me when I had to make the painful decision to put my first guide dog
Hershey to sleep. They helped me through that painful     process. For those
of you who  don't know this, CAGDU was not a division when ED and Toni were
a part of our affiliate. We were a committee called the   Canine Concerns
Committee. When Ed and Toni left our  affiliate we guide dog users got
together and decided that we needed to continue Ed and Toni's mission of
educating         the public as well as assisting other guide dog handlers
with advocacy and support and that is how CAGDU came to be a division in our
affiliate. I did speak to Toni this morning and she is in good spirits and
she is taking it one moment at a time. If you all have memories of Ed you
would like to share please send them to me at tinadt at sbcglobal.net and I
will make sure that Toni receives them.
Warmly
Tina

"Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own instead of
someone else's."
- Billy Wilder