[Nfbc-info] Fight back, and don't let anyone rip you off!

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 7 17:54:34 UTC 2009

You fail to address the many blind persons that for economic and other
reasons are forced to live in the gang infested areas that you refer to.
Having at times lived in these areas myself and being on an irregular work
schedule I have survived them being blind for many years. I have learned how
to carry myself in a way that conveys self assurance and how to be observant
of my surroundings. Yes, I have had a couple of incidents where I have had
to protect and defend myself and on one occasion it resulted in injuries
that required medical attention. However, I choose to fight back by
confidently being in the situation taking charge of my environment. Yes,
there are times when I call cabs as Fresno's public transportation is worse
than Sacramento's. This however, is done more as a result of laziness rather
than fear on my part.
Chuck