[Nfbc-info] Convention reports

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Sun Jul 11 20:54:51 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,
	So many highlights. So much to see and so much to learn. Its
impossible to cover them all, but here are the two which are foremost in my
mind.
	On Sunday I attended the membership committee meeting chaired by Ron
Gardener. It was a gold mine of ideas to build up membership within the
chapters and divisions. While some of them require considerable planning and
effort, others can be implemented easily and still others are just too darn
cool to overlook. Many of them I'm sure will be discussed at future chapter
and division meetings.
	On Thursday morning, Fred Schroeder spoke about the education system
and how it continues to fail to provide blind children with adequate Braille
instruction. With knowledge and passion, Schroeder brought home to all of us
this crucial issue. I was inspired to do all I can to forward the cause of
education here in California.
There is nothing quite like National Convention. As I reflect back on the
past week, I find that my energy has been renewed and my resolve has been
strengthened. I have been inspired to work all the harder to help to forward
the cause which is so important to all of us.
Thanks,
Angela Fowler