[Nfbc-info] An idea from Beach Cities Chapter

Otmar Staab atasteofeurope at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 04:58:08 UTC 2010

Hi Juliet,
So sorry I missed the Pizza event in Carlsbad - and that is my favorite pizza place, and I would have loved to have gotten together.  But seriously, I've been working 12-15 hour days, and there has been no time for anything.  At the same time we are in the process of looking for and buying a house.

I am here at CSB this week catering the big event and it is so exciting, I am very happy to finally start realizing all of our advance preparation for this.  Today the Sysco order came in with most of the food, so I was busy checking in everthing making sure it was the best quality, and getting a feel for the kitchen I will be preparing in.  We are preparing a special dinner for the kids and some staff members on Wednesday evening (90 guests) and the big event is Thursday with 300 for the hors d'oeuvres reception and 210 for a sit down dinner.  It is an elegant menu  - with an ice carving with shrimp cocktail, cheese display, fruit and vegetable displays, tri-color hummus, and assorted deluxe canapes.  The seated dinner will be a baby green salad with pears, candied pecans, cranberries and a raspberry vinaigrette dressing.  The entree selections are:  Filet of Beef Tenderloin with an Arugula Pesto and a Port Wine Balsamic Reduction, Yukon Gold
 Potato Gratin, and Asparagus and Carrots; Chicken Breast stuffed with Spinach with a Red Pepper Coulis, Goat Cheese Medallion, Basmati Rice, Vegetables; and the Vegetarian is a Portabella Mushroom with Rattatouille, Rice and Vegetable.  Finish with a Tuxedo dipped Strawberry as they will have a dessert buffet prepared by some of the staff after a concert.
I am so happy I can do this for them, as my baby is growing into a fine young man, many thanks to them.  This school is giving him everything he needs to succeed as a student and as a young man.
When things calm down for me (if ever) I would love to be helpful to this woman you are speaking of.  I also live in Oceanside, so please feel free to give her my email address (please not the phone number now), or we can somehow arrange to meet for coffee or something.
Do not be surprised that people do not know of us - and sometimes people need to be resourceful all on their own to be appreciative of the information and help you are able to provide them.  I found the NFB through Lorelei at Junior Blind, and regardless of what anyone thinks of her, I am still grateful for her guiding me to you.

I really do miss all of you and the dogs too.  Give them a hug from me.  While I am composing this, I should be working on a bid for another Senior Center account!  There is no rest for the weary, and I guess when I die, I will have plenty of time to rest then!

Maureen