[Nfbc-info] This American Life and positive images of blindness in the media

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Sun May 27 19:37:25 UTC 2012

	hello.  For those of you following this issue who may be interested in
hearing the original material for yourself, Excerpts of the theater
broadcast, including Ryan Knighton's  portions, were broadcast on last
Friday's this american Life.  that means  you can download it for a week
for free from the thisamericanlife.org site.  If you do listen to the show,
I encourage you to listen to Ryan's portions and contrast them with a
monologue given by David Rakoff later in the show.  He also discusses a
disability, and, n my view, clearly demonstrates the difference between how
to discuss a disability in a positive manner versus discussing it in a
negative manner.
	If you find you have trouble getting to the show, mail me privately
and I'll see what I can do.
-Brian