[Nfbc-info] ADA question

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Sun Mar 10 03:26:43 UTC 2013

Hi Lauren,

You are correct that the partments should help you to fil out the
application.  This requirement comes from the Fair Housing Act (FHA), not
necessarily the ADA.  Also, as Chuck mentioned, California also requires
such reasonable accommodations under the Fair Employment and Housing Act
(FEHA).  You should contact the DFEH to file a complaint:
http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/Complaints_ComplaintProcess.htm
Or HUD for violations of the FHA:
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_
opp/FHLaws/yourrights

Don't let them get away with it.  File the complaints.

Regards,