[Nfbc-info] **FDR Dems Action Alert: hearing On Employment Of People With Disabilities

Jonathan Lyens via Nfbc-info nfbc-info at nfbnet.org
Mon Jun 2 03:39:20 UTC 2014

Dear Fellow Bay Area Federationists,

Please join the FDR Dems and a broad coalition of people with disabilities and advocacy organizations on Thursday June 5, as we advocate for employment access for our community. The San Francisco Board of supervisors Neighborhood Safety and Services committee will hold a hearing on the employment of people with disabilities in City service. If you are a person with a disability who has fought to find employment, an organization dedicated to equality for our community or are a supporter of people with disabilities frustrated by the appallingly stagnant unemployment numbers for people with disabilities please make plans to attend this meeting. We encourage attendees to give brief (2 minute) testimony, and share your thoughts and personal story.

The hearing will be held at 10 a.m. on Thursday June 5, at San Francisco City Hall room 250 (Board of Supervisors Chambers). Please visit our website<http://www.fdrdemclub.com/index.php/entry/action-alert-disability-employment-hearing-june-5th> for all the details. I encourage you to share this information widely. It is essential our voices are heard at this hearing to demonstrate people with disabilities believe in empowerment through employment.

We also want to thank our supporter, Supervisor Eric Mar, for calling this hearing and bringing this issue to light.

If you have any questions you may reply directly to this email.

We look forward to seeing you on June 5!

Best,
Jonathan Lyens

Jonathan T. Lyens, MPA
President, FDR Democratic Club of San Francisco
jonathan at lyens.com<mailto:jonathan at lyens.com>

Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/fdrdems<http://www.facebook.com/fdrdems>
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/fdrdems<http://www.twitter.com/fdrdems>