[Nfbc-info] Braille Certification for non U.S. citizens

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 21:52:20 UTC 2014

My Braille music tutor lives in the UK and is wondering if:
1. she can get any kind of certification in Braille that will show to 
Americans that she knows her stuff?
2. Is there any way she can get the books that describe all the rules 
and whatnot for the different codes? She knows Maths for example, but 
she doesn't know Nemeth (although it shouldn't take her very long to learn).
3. I presume the literary courses only talk about English. My teacher 
knows about 6 other languages and all their grades. Is there a way she 
can get an official designation for those?
4. If she can't get anything officially, can she get a coarse completion 
designation, pending on residency?
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs

More information about the NFBC-Info mailing list