[Nfbc-info] 10th Cycling for Sight invites you back

Fred's Win7 Catastrophe regenerative at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 11 04:54:12 UTC 2014

Hi folks!  I'm Fred Chambers of the Beach Cities
Chapter and also the Ag and Equestrian Division
of the NFB, among other things!  One of my
hobbies is tandem cycling, and I've ridden with
the Blind Stokers Club a bit, including two of
their Cycling for Sight events.  It's always an
adventure when I head out on a tandemf, and in my
thousands of miles I've survived without any injuries to speak of.
Hahahahaheeheehehawhaw!
Very recently, I received the following
invitation for this July's Cycling for
Sight.  It'll be in my backyard, Northern San
Diego County -- and I encourage anyone and
everyone who likes biking to sign-up.  You still
have 4-months to go, so if  you need a reason to
stick to a New Years Resolution, you've got it!
The Blind Stokers Club or BSC is full of
wonderful, amazing, fun, and funny people.  Read
on, and seriously consider getting involved.
Yours, Stoker Fred

Cycling for Sight Alums - Won’t you join us for
the 10th anniversay reunion tour?
Sue Buckley (2010) is coming back from Knoxville
TN, and bringing 6 Club VIBES blind/vi tandem
teams with her.  Myra Rodrigues (2011) is
returning, all the way from Toronto, Canada, to
reunite with her long-distance captain.  How about you?

The 10th Anniversary of Cycling for Sight benefit
tour raises money for the
<http://www.sdcb.org/>San Diego Center for the
Blind and the
<http://www.blindstokersclub.org/>Blind Stokers
Club.  The new CFS model arrives July 19th and
20th in San Marcos, CA, and routes will take you
through the beauty and excellent riding of North
County San Diego.  Options include the 2 day Tour
of Vision (including an overnight stay at Cal
State University San Marcos) or a Single Day ride of your choice on July 20th .

By participating, you will be helping the San
Diego Center for the Blind to provide services to
the blind and visually impaired of San
Diego.  Programs for independence like daily
living, individual and group counseling, kitchen
skills, career development, job placement, and a
whole lot more.  Demand for the services that the
Center for the Blind offers is growing all the
time, especially as the baby boomer population
ages.  You can learn more about the Center for
the Blind here
-<http://www.sdcb.org/>http://www.sdcb.org/
.  Please also keep in mind that as a 501C3,
donations made to the Center for the Blind are tax deductible.

Features of Cycling for Sight 2014:

Ø  Enjoy the beautiful weather and scenery that
only San Diego County can offer.
Ø  All participants are invited to the Sunday finish celebration.

Two Day Tour of Vision – July 19th and 20th :
Enjoy the camaraderie of the Blind Stokers Club
from our overnight at CSU San Marcos
Ø  Free goodie bag and Cycling for Sight jersey
Ø  Requires a commitment to fundraise for the San Diego Center for the Blind

Single Day Option – July 20th :
Ø  Join us on Sunday July 20th for one of our
fully supported rides through North/East County San Diego
Ø  Routes for any interest or skill level – from novice/family to advanced.
Ø  Fundraising is optional – raise $200 and we’ll refund your registration fee.

Plus, if you register for the Tour of Vision
before March 31st, your registration fee is waived.
Register today at
<https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=6261754>https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=6261754

Dave White
CFS Event Director Blind Stokers Club