[Nfbc-info] Standardized exams

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Wed Mar 12 04:59:07 UTC 2014

Hi Joe,

You said "I asked if they were able to have a computer with JAWS, and they
said they have no computers with any kind of software on them (Dragon, JAWS,
etc.)."

This is not a proper response.  If they don't have that software on a
computer already, they must buy it and put it on the computer so that you
and others can take the tests.  In addition, they must ensure that their
security software does not interfere with the functionality of JAWS, etc.
Remember, it isn't just about whether you can complete the test with
inadequate accommodations.  Many individuals in wheelchairs can crawl up a
single step.  The dignity of being able to take a test with the same
convenience and terms as other examinees is the underlying issue.  Give me a
call if you feel you don't have equal access to the exam.
410.415.3493.

Regards,

Tim Elder