[Nfbc-info] more info about free 411 for Verizon

rcubfank at sbcglobal.net rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 30 02:22:27 UTC 2015

Hello all: I got some information from a person in Chicago about getting free 411 service for Verizon Wireless. Also, I called Verizon and here is the place you have to call:
National Disability ?CCustomer Service Center phone#(888)262-1999. Below will b e the information that was sent to me from the NFB of illinois mailing list.

I hope this will help anyone that has this issue.

Rob Kaiser
email;
rcubfank at sbcglobal.net

Here you go I found this for Verizon:

411 Assistance
For customers who are blind, have low vision, a dexterity disability, or a cognitive disability Verizon Wireless offers Free 411 assistance. In order to be eligible for the Free 411 service Verizon Wireless does require appropriate information verifying that the requirements of the program have been met.

Customer’s whose disability significantly inhibits the ability to read a phone directory, dial a phone number, read a 411 text message response to an inquiry or remember a phone number may be eligible for the program.

Verizon Wireless requires that one of the following forms of acceptable information be provided in order to be eligible for the free 411 program:
  a.. A copy of an approved Social Security Administration claim stating in detail the nature of the disability.
  b.. A copy of an approved Veterans Administration claim stating in detail the nature of the disability.
  c.. A letter from a physician on letterhead, detailing the nature of the disability.
  d.. Copy of the driver’s license or state issued identification card that specifies the disability.
  e.. Copy of the letter from your landline carrier that verifies you are currently receiving free directory assistance from that carrier for your disability.
  Please note that if the disability is not clearly stated on the information provided your request will not be processed.
Please print off our Free 411 program  http://cache.vzw.com/dam/aboutus/pdfs/411Letter.pdf to send the information and additional information that is required in order to process your request.

Or you can call customer service for further information.

I found this on this website:  http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/generic/phone+generic/phone+product/questions/customerswithdisabilities.htm

Thank you,