[Nfbc-info] FYI FW: Speak to DOR: INDEPENDENT LIVING SERVICES under WIOA

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Sat Jan 31 01:05:04 UTC 2015

Best,

Michael Hingson

From: Xavier, Joe at DOR [mailto:Joe.Xavier at dor.ca.gov]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 4:00 PM
To: Xavier, Joe at DOR
Subject: Speak to DOR: INDEPENDENT LIVING SERVICES under WIOA

The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) brings significant
opportunity to improve services for individuals with disabilities,
especially youth with disabilities. There have been no greater changes to
law affecting our programs since the 1992 Rehabilitation Act amendments.

If you work in partnership with the California Department of Rehabilitation
(DOR) and Independent Living Centers (ILCs), please join the DOR and the
State Independent Living Council (SILC) in a public forum to share
information and collect stakeholder feedback on changes under WIOA.

We look forward to discussing topics such as:

*       What are some new approaches that the DOR, SILC, and the 28 ILCs
could try in order to strengthen our critical partnership?

*       What successful strategies have you developed for offering
"Transition" services?

*       Given there are no new funds associated with WIOA, how can DOR
support the 28 ILCs in implementation of transition strategies?

Teleconference details:

Thursday, February 12, 2015

1:00 to 3:00 PM.

CALL IN NUMBER:  800-779-9065

PARTICIPANT PASSCODE:  6893354

Please plan to log into the call 15 minutes early.

Thank you,

Joe Xavier

Director

Department of Rehabilitation

Note: The California Department of Rehabilitation, an equal opportunity
employer/program, is holding this event. Auxiliary aids and services are
available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Individuals who
require disability related accommodations must contact the California
Department of Rehabilitation at (916) 558-5899 or  <mailto:WIOA at dor.ca.gov>
WIOA at dor.ca.gov.