[Nfbc-info] Kenna California employer require.

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Thu Jul 16 18:13:27 UTC 2015

Under the ADA, seeing and hearing are not essential functions.  They are
methods of gathering information to perform a task, which may or may not be
an essential function.  Regardless of the job posting, the employer must
consider reasonable accommodations for performing the underlying task.  It
is a poorly drafted job description.  If applied as an eligibility criteria
that screens out applicants without regard to reasonable accommodations,
then it is an illegal practice.  Ignore the criteria and apply if you
believe you are qualified and can safely do the job.

Regards,