[Nfbc-info] question about office management not filling out apt app forms

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Thu Jan 21 02:57:59 UTC 2016

If other prospective tenants are required to come into the office and you are also required to go into the office. This is a very common practice when people are applying for affordable housing. I don't quite understand the reasoning but it is a requirement in most instances.

Many affordable housing programs receive state and federal funding however, this is not always the case there a private investors. I can tell you for certain that housing programs receiving state and federal funding must provide a lawful accommodation the problem is a lot of places don't know how to provide that accommodation  there is a large foundation in San Diego where I live it is owned by private investors. I have contacted the city of San Diego AVA Cordinator to find out if this particular foundation has mandates under the ADA to provide paperwork and alternative format it sort of seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it?

Since you want to rent at some of these places put your best foot forward a smile on your face and offered to partner with them to find a way to put the information in alternative format. On your end this may mean doing some homework to find out what you need it does not mean that you have to be the expert and how to do the formatting.

From,
Lisa Irving Lauren,

I am very acquainted with the scenario this is what I've been dealing with for the past 2 1/2 years when I was trying to find affordable housing.

Sent from my iPhone