[Nfbc-info] Changing what it means to be blind: my mini staycation

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Tue Sep 27 19:19:24 UTC 2016

Some of you know that I am going to see family and go to the NFB of Kentucky state convention. I was scheduled to fly on Delta earlier today however, there is a heat advisory and it is affecting flights out of San Diego having some degree of common sense I offered to give up my seat. This proved to be a very smart choice. I received a $700 flight credit; good for a year, $15 and free food and they stay at a beautiful Wyndham resort hotel. My day starts early tomorrow I leave the hotel at 5 AM I will arrive in Louisville at 4:30 PM Eastern standard time. I believe one of the reasons why I made the decision to basically take a staycation has to do with decent blindness skills and decent self-confidence; these skills I acquired as an NFB a member and elsewhere.

Stay cool!
Lisa Irving, Chapter President
San Diego Chapter