[NFBC-Info] Positive Change

Lauren Merryfield lauren7877 at outlook.com
Mon Dec 14 22:35:22 UTC 2020

Hi, everyone,
I am still involved in a negative ongoing incident in the NFB, however, I am not quitting. My loyalty is too strong for that. I would encourage those who are contemplating leaving our Federation to please think again. Please, with your negative experiences, stay or come back, in order to work with us to make sure nothing negative happens to you or anyone else you know in the NFB.

I have always been one to promote love, kindness, and the cessation of any negative treatment in our NFB.
Sometimes, I have been treated somewhat like the hippie that I am "Oh that's Kum Bah y" thinking; all hearts and rainbows and cats, like a little kid not facing reality," type comments.

 "When are you ever going to grow up?" Well, I'm not. Many grown ups in my life were somewhere between stuck where they were, to abusive. I decided at a young age I was never going to be like that.

 It needs to be stated that there is a difference between being "childish" and "child-like." I represent the latter. That is my style.

We say we are a family. I read once that the normal family is dysfunctional. So, the dysfunctional behavior in the NFB is normal. however, this doesn't make negative behavior in our organization okay, just as such behavior is not okay in a dysfunctional family.

I think it is important to realize this fact, but to make ours a "functional" family, with more love, respect, kindness, acceptance, treatment as equals, etc, toward being a healthy family!
Thanks,
Blessings,
Lauren Merryfield❤