[NFBC-Info] Canvas inaccessibility for K-12 students

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 22:26:09 UTC 2021

Hey folks,

Convention was a very busy weekend, but now we're back to another
school week! My project with Canvas inaccessibility continues, with a
later feature about other LMS's. A feature is just a longer article.
The focus is on K-12 students and parents, although I'm open to
talking to TVI's, parents, and students. Send them my way, please! I
spoke to one person, but I need more. Might be interesting to talk to
sighted parents about their blind children's experiences, and the
parents' difficulties with teaching technology and academic work. Just
a thought. Open to other stuff as well. The sooner I can get some
interviews done, the sooner I can churn out something illuminating and
newsworthy.

I did a presentation for my class on universal design. I got the
traditional "Wow, I never thought about it that way!" responses.
Proves how necessary disability justice news is.

This is not limited to California. Thanks, and hopefully I'll have
chances to talk to some people in the next couple days.

Cheers,
Cricket

--
Cricket X. Bidleman, B.A (she/her/hers)
M.A Candidate | Stanford Journalism Class of 2022