[NFBC-Info] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Upcoming UBER Town Hall Session

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 21:29:35 UTC 2023

Test.

Upcoming UBER Town Hall Session

July 27, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. Eastern via Zoom.

Attend an upcoming event that UBER has organized to share your experiences and ask questions. As mentioned in the 2023 Presidential Report, a persistent problem we face is the denial by rideshare drivers who refuse to transport us because of our guide dogs and, sometimes, even just because we are blind people. The National Federation of the Blind has redoubled our efforts to make progress, but there is still much work to do. Join this town hall listening session with UBER on July 27, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. Eastern.

During the 2023 National Convention, UBER representative, Liza Winship, spoke to the convention about the company’s commitment. Review Liza's remarks.

“We have persuaded the courts to acknowledge that rideshare services are subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act, and we demand that these innovative transportation providers put the right policies and practices in place to make the legal ruling a reality. We are tired of waiting for equal treatment, and we are prepared to do everything necessary to stop the harmful discrimination that blind people are experiencing daily from drivers.” Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind

"Blind people should not have to experience worry over whether they will be late for work, late to pick up their children from daycare, miss an important medical appointment, or be left stranded in a potentially unsafe environment caused by a denial." Raul Gallegos, President of the National Association of Guide Dog Users

Below includes a recent message from UBER and how to access the listening session/town hall.

Message from UBER

Dear National Federation of the Blind members,

Thank you for welcoming me as a representative of Uber to the eighty-third convening of this distinguished community. I was honored to demonstrate the company's commitments to working together on solutions to barriers impacting blind and low vision users of rideshare.

We look forward to executing on our commitments to service animal handlers and also to learning more from you all about how our platform can best support your access to transportation. There are two ways we can stay in touch:

1.	To submit feedback regarding our commitments to service animal handlers, please write to our team at serviceanimals-group at uber.com <mailto:serviceanimals-group at uber.com>  (please do not submit trip denials through this email, but do use it for feedback or ideas);
2.	Join an NFB-exclusive town hall session on July 27 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern to learn more and ask questions. Briana Gilmore, Head of Accessibility Policy, and Chris Yoon, Product Manager, from Uber will host this hour-long info and feedback session. The Zoom info is included after the signature in this note.

We look forward to building this relationship and investing in solutions for service animal handlers and the blind and low-vision community.

Sincerely,

Liza Winship

NFB Service Animal Town Hall Zoom Information
Time: Jul 27, 2023, 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
https://uber.zoom.us/j/99960753787?pwd=akwxTzBlQnNiak5FVmw2OHVQVytvdz09
Meeting ID: 999 6075 3787
Password: 743850
Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 564 217 2000 US
Meeting ID: 999 6075 3787
Password: 743850
Find your local number: https://uber.zoom.us/u/adHcYrSQUI

Facebook Logo

Twitter Logo

Instagram Logo

YouTube Logo

Email Icon Image

Donate to the NFB Icon.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314

Unsubscribe | Opt Out |Â  Sign Up for Our E-newsletter

200 East Wells Street**
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States**

..