[nfbcs] JAWS 10 Slowing Down on Replies

Wm. Ritchhart william.ritchhart at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 29 02:23:59 UTC 2009

Joe,

Well you have stumped me.  Changing my format to ridge or text format
solved the problem that you describe on my PC.

I don't use Window Eyes, either.  I tried it at an NFB convention and
did not like it as well as JAWS.  I am considering revaluating it again,
though.  I do not like the Microsoft like way that Freedom Scientific
appears to be doing their products lately.  I personally do not believe
JAWS to be as stable and as cutting edge as it was 10 years ago, when I
first chose to use it.  I think their problem is that instead of doing
one thing and doing that one thing really well, (JAWS).  They are now
trying to do many things to serve the widest possible customer base and
they do none of the things better than mediocre.

THANKS, William