[nfbcs] New job duties

E.J. Zufelt lists at zufelt.ca
Mon Apr 12 21:56:12 UTC 2010

Good afternoon,

To the best of my knowledge Eclipse is accessible to screen-readers on Windows, Mac and gnome.  I believe the the GUI is built using the SWT Java package.  There are several GUI toolkits for Java applications.

AWT, which I believe is not accessible.

Swing, which I believe is accessible with the access bridge.

SWT, which I believe is accessible on multiple OSs because it uses native UI controls.  This also means that there is a little more work involved in packaging and distributing the final product, as the distributable is OS dependent.

HTH,
Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca

Follow me on Twitter